21cm Sharakumono Designer Deep Casserole by Komin Yamada
This cast iron casserole pot is a deeper version or the OG-002. You can use it for creating a delicious pasta sauce, shabu-shabu or nabe.
Sharakumono is the work of Japan’s most famous industrial designer Komin Yamada.
The Sharakumono project focuses on kitchenware made of metals. Inspiration (and the name) comes from master Ukiyo-e (woodblock print) artist Tōshūsai Sharaku who produced some of Japan’s most memorable woodblock prints over a period of just 10 months.
Yamada-san chose Oigen foundry to collaborate on the cast iron segment of his project. The Sharakumono cast iron cookware range combines aesthetic lines with practicality and durability and is destined to become a design classic.
23cm x 9.5cm - 2.25 litre
21cm at top
Oigen - Traditional Cast Iron Cookware
- Certified origin - 100% Nambu Tekki
- Each piece individually crafted by hand
- If seasoned properly it will have an effective non-stick surface
- Made from over 70% recycled materials and 100% recyclable
- Perfect for induction/gas/electric cooktops and ovens (no microwaves)
- No enamel coating - faster transfer of heat
- Made in Japan
Learn how to season a cast iron pan.
Due to the weight of cast iron cookware this product is only available to our Australian customers.