Kuro Kuma Hatou 165mm Santoku
Shipping & Delivery Time (>>)
Kuro Kuma Hatou 165 Santoku
One outstanding feature of this santoku is the extra pointy tip that is usually more rounded in other ranges.
Chef's Armoury have combined hammer forged Japanese blades with Australian native Jarrah handles to create utilitarian chef tools for everyday use.
Hatou Knife Series
Kuro Kuma Hatou blades depict a vivid scene of stormy seas. Seriously sharp blades are handcrafted by experienced hands from Hitachi White #2 carbon steel, clad in stainless steel for easier care.
The blade has a distinct distal taper that allows the tip to cut with finesse.
While the fit and finish is more rough and ready than symmetrical perfection the edge will be sure to impress.
- Made by hand, the pattern and finish of each Hatou knife is unique to each blade
- Australian Jarrah wood handles (colour and wood grain will vary)
- Seriously sharp and more robust than Takamura / Fujiwara
- Solid hammer forged sanmai construction – core of White #2 carbon steel, clad in stainless
- 50/50 edge grind suitable for left and right handed users.
- As the balance of the knife is blade forward, use with a pinch grip.
- Note the care instructions for carbon steel
These artisan blades are produced in strictly limited numbers.
|Blade Thickness||2.5mm||Tang||Pin tang|
|HRC (hardness)||60||Composition||White #2 clad in stainless|
|Edge||50:50 V bevel||Saya||Not included|
Most items ship within 24-48 hours business days (bespoke items excluded)