21cm Sharakumono Designer Saucepan by Komin Yamada
This cast iron saucepan comes complete with a stainless steel lid that can also be used as a serving vessel or plate for raw ingredients.
Outer Dimensions: 22cm x 6cm - 1.4 litre
Sharakumono is the work of Japan’s most famous industrial designer Komin Yamada.
The Sharakumono project focuses on kitchenware made of metals. Inspiration (and the name) comes from master Ukiyo-e (woodblock print) artist Toshusai Sharaku who produced some of Japan’s most memorable woodblock prints over a period of just 10 months.
Yamada san chose Oigen foundry to collaborate on the cast iron segment of his project. The Sharakumono cast iron cookware range combines aesthetic lines with practicality and durability and is destined to become a design classic.
Oigen - Traditional Cast Iron Cookware
- Certified origin - 100% Nambu Tekki
- Each piece individually crafted by hand
- If seasoned properly it will have an effective non-stick surface
- Made from over 70% recycled materials and 100% recyclable
- Perfect for induction/gas/electric cooktops and ovens (no microwaves)
- No enamel coating - faster transfer of heat
- Made in Japan
Most items ship within 24-48 hours business days (bespoke items excluded)