Handmade Oroshigane - Vegetable Grater - 100mm wide
Microplanes have had their 5 minutes of fame but if you want the all-time heavyweight champion of vegetable graters you need a handmade oroshigane. Compared to your regular grater, an oroshigane will produce a much smoother paste. These Japanese graters are handmade with a chisel, hammer and a very patient and accurate craftsman.
The tin plated copper vegetable grater will give you a lifetime of faithful service. Copper has the perfect hardness for grating. It will grate daikon, carrot, ginger, garlic and other vegetables, be kinder on knuckles and has more flair than any other grater on the market. It has fine teeth on one side and coarse teeth on the other so really it's two graters in one.
If flavour is your compass, buy a handmade oroshigane.
- Use a small brush to get the best yield from your Japanese grater
- Grate in a circular motion for fastest results
- Do not put in the dishwasher. Simply rinse under running water, scrub with brush and dry
- Width at bottom - approx 100mm
- Length from top of handle to bottom of grater - approx 21.7cm
- Height from top grating holes to bottom grating holes - approx 8.5cm
Large 155mm size also available
Most items ship within 24-48 hours business days (bespoke items excluded)