11th August - AM Knife Sharpening Class - SYD
Shipping & Delivery Time (>>)
Edge basics - knife sharpening class
10:30am - 12:30pm
The very best way to learn knife sharpening on Japanese waterstones is to fly to Japan, travel 2 hours by shinkansen (bullet train), transfer to a local train for a further 2 hours into the mountains, find a Master Knife Sharpener and convince him to share his lifelong secrets with a "Gaijin" (foreigner / non Japanese). After multiple visits, you may have have built up enough trust to begin your lessons.
Fortunately for you all the hard work has been done. Chef's Armoury has forged some strong relationships and received comprehensive training in the valued skill of knife sharpening, from a number of Knife Sharpening Experts in Japan. All you need to do is to part with a few coins and book in for the novice course at Chef's Armoury.
Learn professional sharpening on sharpening stones
This 2 hour session will dispel all the myths and give hands on guided experience in the skilled application of waterstones. BYO blunt knives and feel the joy of this timeless art unfold as you learn the secrets of the well honed blade. Sharpening stones will be available for purchase on the day.
You will learn...
- How to create and maintain a razors edge on your favourite kitchen knife
- Proper knife care and storage
- Preparation of the stones
- Importance of different bevels and angles
Some comments from past students:
... " I now have confidence in sharpening my own knives..."
... " I am going to enjoy cooking so much more now."
Small class sizes
Time: 10:30am to 12:30pm
Cost: $150 incl GST
Address: 105 Percival Rd, Stanmore (Sydney, Australia) at Chef's Armoury.
Class size is limited so to avoid disappointment, BOOK NOW!
What to bring
- Bring as many knives as you think you can sharpen in two hours, we recommend a minimum of 5. If you have sharpening stones bring them along. You can borrow our sharpening stones for the class and if you like them you can purchase them on the day.
- No cancellations or rebooking within 21 days of the class. You may however give your space to a friend.
Most items ship within 24-48 hours business days (bespoke items excluded)