Konosuke Keiai NT Black Damascus 150 petty
Shipping & Delivery Time (>>)
Konosuke Keiai NT Damascus 150 Petty
This new style black damascus from Konosuke is neither acid etched nor kurouchi yet has the deep brooding characters of both. The blade undergoes a secretive process that penetrates just below the surface of the metal to enhance its natural beauty.
The core material is a new variety of stainless with approximately 1.2% carbon, rich with vanadium and chromium. The blade is whisper thin and sharpened to an acute edge. Handle is rosewood but next shipment will be laurel wood.
- Being a super fine blade care should be taken not to chip the edge.
- There is a small gap between the machi (notch) and the handle. This is the traditional method of setting Sakai blades.
- The actual length of the cutting edge is noted under "blade length" in the chart below.
- Wood grain and colour will vary from the photo as it is natural wood.
- Blade pattern and colour tonation will vary as this product is handmade.
|Style||Petty - Utility Knife||Blade Length||153mm|
|Blade Thickness||1.7mm||Tang||Pin tang|
|HRC (hardness)||61-62||Composition||Nickel cobalt damascus, stainless steel core|
|Edge||50:50 V bevel||Saya||Not included|
Most items ship within 24-48 hours business days (bespoke items excluded)