MEL - 7th May 2022 - Knife Sharpening Class
Share this product
Shipping & Delivery Time (>>)
Please read the COVIDSAFE and CANCELLATION POLICIES at the bottom of the page. - You may need to wear a mask if mandated by the Victorian Government.
Knife Sharpening Class - Edge Basics
The very best way to learn knife sharpening on Japanese waterstones is to fly to Japan, travel 2 hours by shinkansen (bullet train), transfer to a local train for a further 2 hours into the mountains, find a Master Knife Sharpener and convince him to share his lifelong secrets with a "Gaijin" (foreigner / non Japanese). After multiple visits, you may have have built up enough trust to begin your lessons.
Fortunately for you all the hard work has been done. Chef's Armoury has forged some strong relationships and received comprehensive training in the valued skill of knife sharpening, from a number of Knife Sharpening Experts in Japan. All you need to do is to part with a few coins and book in for the novice course at Chef's Armoury.
Learn professional sharpening on sharpening stones
This 2 hour session will dispel all the myths and give hands on guided experience in the skilled application of waterstones. BYO blunt knives and feel the joy of this timeless art unfold as you learn the secrets of the well honed blade. Sharpening stones will be available for purchase on the day.
You will learn...
- How to create and maintain a razors edge on your favourite kitchen knife
- Stone prep and maintenance
- Importance of different bevels and angles
- How to keep a consistent angle during the sharpening process
Some comments from past students:
... " I now have confidence in sharpening my own knives..."
... " I am going to enjoy cooking so much more now."
Small class sizes
Time: 10.00am to 12.00pm
Cost: $150 incl GST
Address: 422 Church St, Richmond (Melbourne, Australia) at Chef's Armoury.
Class size is limited so to avoid disappointment, BOOK NOW!
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring as many knives as you think you can sharpen in two hours, we recommend a minimum of 5.
- If you have sharpening stones bring them along. You can borrow our sharpening stones for the class and if you like them you can purchase on the day.
- Bring a face mask, it may be mandatory to wear it depending on Government regulations on the day of the class.
- If you are feeling unwell with Covid symptoms please do not attend the class.
CANCELLATION & REBOOKING POLICY
- Your class is transferable to a friend or family member.
- No cancellations or rebookings accepted 72 hours before the class.
- If more than 72 hours notice is given we can try and book you into a future date (dependent on spaces available). Rebooking fee is $35.
- If less than 72 hours notice the full amount of the class will be forfeited and you will not be able to rebook.
- Classes are not refundable.