last modified 20 May 2017
Before returning any items please contact us within 14 days of receipt of your order.
Chef's Armoury offers a limited customer satisfaction guarantee for knives. If you are not completely satisfied, returns will be accepted for exchange if:
- The item is 100% unused, unmarked
- Still in brand new condition in it’s original packaging
- The packaging must also be in brand new resaleable condition or a fee will be deducted
- You must contact Chef's Armoury within 14 days of delivery or the guarantee will be deemed invalid.
- Returns must be received by Chef's Armoury within 30 days from the date the order was made for an exchange.
- We do not offer refunds for change of mind however you are free to exchange your item.
- You must send back a copy of the original receipt with the returned item(s).
All items are inspected before they are dispatched from our warehouse. If you have received the wrong items please contact us within 48 hours of receipt of delivery.
Proof of Purchase
- To be eligible for a return, we require a Chef's Armoury receipt or proof of purchase.
Damage in Transit
- If there are any problems with your order, please contact Chef's Armoury within 48 hours of receipt of delivery. Chef’s Armoury will not be held responsible for any damage or breakage if informed after 48 hours of receipt of delivery.
- Insurance companies require evidence via photos of the damaged item & its packaging before you send the item back. Please email or send these with your return to help us assess & process your return more quickly.
- If the product is damaged or broken as a result of courier or postal transit, please keep all original packaging for inspection by our warehouse staff.
- Please send the item back with the original packaging enclosed within thick/corrugated cardboard or a strong cardboard box. If sending from within Australia, please send by Australia Post – Registered Mail.
- We will not issue an exchange or credit note until the item has been inspected by our staff. If it has been found that damage was not the result of transit and was in fact due to negligent use of the product on your behalf, no exchange or credit note will be issued.
Damage due to misuse or neglect
- We do not accept returns as a result of customer misuse or neglect of care of our products.
- For all knife purchases, please read the Knife Care instructions found with every order. Care instructions are also displayed on this website.
- Remember knives have limitations. Do not cut frozen food, bones and extremely hard materials or you will chip the blade. Do not twist the knife as you cut or you may break the tip, warp or chip the blade. Do not leave the knife to dry wet. Do not put your knife in the dishwasher.
- Several types of goods are exempt from being returned: For example: Food, alcohol/liquor, charcoal, gift cards, CD or DVDs that have been opened, books or any items with obvious signs of use - cannot be returned.
- Sale items cannot be refunded or exchanged.
- If you would like to exchange your purchased item, please contact us. We do not offer refunds due to change of mind.
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your exchange.
- If you are approved, then your exchange will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your account within a certain amount of days.
If you would like to return your item contact us within 14 days of delivery to receive a RA - return authorisation number. We will not approve an Exchange until the item(s) have been inspected and approved by our staff.
- To return your product, mail your product(s) as well as a copy of the original receipt to: Chef's Armoury Shop 1, 105 Percival Rd Stanmore NSW 2048 Australia
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
- It is your responsibility to ensure it is packaged and returned securely. Put your items in a strong cardboard box and package safely and securely with cushioning material such as bubble wrap, crumpled newspaper etc, making sure to pack any space tightly so the items don't move inside the package during transit.
- Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
- Please note that Chef’s Armoury is not responsible for items lost in transit to us. Hence we recommend that you mail back the return by Registered Mail – Australia Post or if shipping internationally, by a registered mail service. We also recommend you insure your package.
- Please send us the tracking details for your returned package
- International shipping - If Chef's Armoury incurs custom charges, duties or taxes to receive your package, these costs will be oncharged to you. In order to prevent this on the invoice/receipt write - AUSTRALIAN GOODS RETURNED.