Kuro Kuma XT Wide Petty 105mm
Share this product
Shipping & Delivery Time (>>)
Kuro Kuma XT 105mm Tall Petty
This knife is one of a kind. Great for paring and extra knuckle clearance when you need to use the chopping board.
Kuro Kuma XT Series
Kuro Kuma knives are hand forged from XT steel. While the overall hardness is about 62 HRC there are tiny super hard carbides distributed throughout the steel that aid in edge retention but still allow the edge to be easily resharpened.
More carbon than SG2 but less rust resistance so we classify this range as semi-stainless.
There is much to love about this range, heavier hand feel, smooth cutting action, great edge retention and a slightly taller stance. The fit and finish is slightly agricultural and will appeal to those who believe slight imperfections = personality.
We rarely see hand forged knives of this quality available at these prices so get in quick before they sell out.
- Unique X shaped pattern on the blade
- Hammer forged, handmade
- Walnut handle with bokote bolster
- Heavier than the average Japanese knife
- 50/50 edge grind suitable for left and right handed users
- As the handle is natural wood, colour and grain of wood will vary. Each handle is individual.
- As all knives are handmade the pattern will vary from blade to blade.
|Blade Thickness||3mm tapered||Tang||Pin tang|
|HRC (hardness)||62||Composition||Sanmai - semi stainless|
|Edge||50:50 V bevel||Saya||Not included|