Nitride Iron Stir Fry Pan 30cm
Share this product
Shipping & Delivery Time (>>)
Iron Stir Fry Pan
This pan is like the love child of a wok and a fry pan. Use it as a secret weapon against food waste - slice up a bunch of odd veggies left over in the fridge, add oil to the pan and stir fry until cooked. Toss in some soy sauce and maybe a little mirin and dinner is served, all in under 10 minutes.
The nitride process is one of those dark arts that can't be understood by regular folk but it's important to know that there are no chemical surfaces added to the iron and it it relatively non stick-ish. You can also use metal tools (without sharp corners) to stir fry and it won't hurt the pan.
Although this pan is amazing for making stir frys, fried rice etc it should not be used to make acidic tomato based pasta sauces and the like as the acidity will dull the non stick properties. It is also not the best pan for wet dishes.
Outer Dimensions: 8cm x 31cm not including handle
- This Japanese iron pan has absolutely no coating and has undergone an innovative Nitride process making it stronger and much more rust resistant compared to wrought iron pans. For this reason Nitride pans are more expensive than regular iron pans and carbon steel pans.
- Nitride pans are best for frying, stirfrying and grilling and cook much more quickly than other pans due to efficient heat conduction.
- Excellent for electric, induction, gas.
- Over time you will notice the pan change in colour. The uneven surface colour is normal and does not affect the pan’s performance.
- As this pan conducts heats very efficiently and quickly, a medium heat should be all you need. If you put on a high heat you will notice the food cook very quickly and therefore burn if not careful.
- Don’t put hot pan under cold running water or it may warp or crack. Unfortunately it’s not possible to remove the warping.
- It is best to wash this pan with hot water immediately after use. For foods that stick, soak with hot water and detergent for about 10 minutes.