Stone Explorer Set
Share this product
Shipping & Delivery Time (>>)
Stone Explorer Set
An excellent piece of kit for superior sharpening. The Kaiden 400 grit ceramic is a fast cutting stone to reshape out-of-shape bevels with ease. Next up the Naniwa Super Stone 1000/3000 grit combo refines the edge and puts on a deep lustrous shine.
Kit also includes the Naniwa stone holder.
Kaiden Sharpening Stones
The Kaiden range of ceramic sharpening stones are laden with rich amounts of aluminium oxide grit for superior cutting power. They are labouriously hand moulded and pressed with 100t of pressure before being dried and high fired over a 36-hour period. These stones are for the true professional and although good for ryoba style edges they excel for kataba style blades.
We strongly recommend this stone for those with intermediate to advanced sharpening skills only.
- Super fast cutting power
- Long lasting
- Excellent feedback during the sharpening process (crisp burrs)
- Great end results- i.e sharp blades
- Instructions: Soak the 400 grit stone a good 20 minutes before use or until the bubbles stop rising. Keep adding water as you go throughout the sharpening process.
Naniwa Super Stones
This series of sharpening stones from Naniwa are made from the same high quality grit as the Naniwa PRO series but made from a softer resin with slightly less grit for those on a budget.
These stones are made from tightly packed resin bonded grit and have the following advantages:
- No pre soaking required - simply splash some water on the surface and start sharpening
- Faster cutting than regular stones
- Longer lasting - about twice as long as regular stones
- Much less mess than “cement” type stones
The Naniwa Super Stone series ranges from 220 to 12000 grit and are all made via the same resin bonded process to give a consistent “feel” through the sharpening process
Kaiden 210mm (L) x 70mm (W) x 20mm (H) - approximate
Superstone 210mm (L) x 70mm (W) x 20mm (H) - approximate