Kuro Kuma Yonaka Santoku 165mm
Shipping & Delivery Time (>>)
Kuro Kuma Yonaka 165 Santoku
Carbon steel multipurpose knife that excels in chopping.
Yonaka Japanese Knives
Kuro Kuma Yonaka blades depict a scene of Night. Seriously sharp blades are handcrafted from Blue #2 carbon steel. The finish is a smooth matt black and the edge ... sure to impress.
- Made by hand, the colour of midnight
- Walnut handles with morado wood bolster
- Seriously sharp
- Core of Blue #2 carbon steel, clad in matt black iron
- 50/50 edge grind suitable for left and right handed users.
- Note the care instructions for carbon steel
- If using a wooden saya you will scratch the blade from regular use. But that's all part of the experience of owning a black forged knife.
- Owning a carbon steel knife is a commitment. The blade will change colour and tarnish with regular use. Carbon steel is prone to rust if you leave it wet, so to maintain it dry and oil the knife before putting it away. The black finish helps protect the blade from rust.
- As the handle is natural wood, colour and grain of wood will vary from the photos.
|Blade Thickness||4.2mm tapered||Tang||Pin tang|
|HRC (hardness)||62-63||Composition||Blue #2 carbon steel|
|Edge||50:50 V bevel||Saya||Not included|