Chef's Armoury offers a postal knife sharpening service for Japanese knives. Australian addresses only.
KNIFE SHARPENING SERVICE
- We only service Japanese kitchen knives - no outdoor, hunting or non-Japanese blades will be sharpened.
- For single bevels Eg. yanagiba, usuba, deba, takobiki etc, we service kasumi and honyaki knives. We do not service any "stamped" process single bevel knives. Because of the way stamped single bevel knives are manufactured it would take several hours to sharpen and would cost more than the cost of the knife.
Postal Service Instructions
- Wrap each blade in teatowels or layers of newspaper so that if your package is dropped the blades will not protrude from the package. Wrap thick cardboard around knife tips to ensure that the contents do not pierce the outer packaging. Tape firmly. Put your knives in a strong small cardboard box and package securely with cushioning material such as bubble wrap, crumpled newspaper etc, making sure to pack any space tightly so the knives don't move inside the package during transit.
- Please send your kitchen knives by Registered Post or courier and insure your package. We are unable to contact the post office or courier on your behalf for items in transit.
- Email us to let us know you are sending us your knives. Send us your tracking number so that we can track the progress of your package.
- Include your name, email address, phone number and return address.
- Once we receive package, we will contact you with a quote and process the transaction over the phone. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Chef's Armoury, Shops 1&2, 105-107 Percival Rd Stanmore NSW 2048 Australia
KNIFE SHARPENING PRICES
|Small knife||up to 10cm (blade length)||AUD$10.00|
|Medium knife||10 < 16cm (blade length)||AUD$13.00|
|Long knife||16 < 25cm (blade length)||AUD$17.00|
|Extra long knife||over 25cm (blade length)||
|Special bevels||single bevel, convex hamaguri bevel, multi bevel||POA|
|Reshape bevel||from $11.00|
|Repair broken tip||from $15.00|
|Repair blade chip||from $15.00|
|Single edged knives||Deba, usuba, yanagiba etc||POA. Starting from $35 AUD.|